Monday, May 17, 2010

The Last Frontier...



So as many of you know I am currently employed by Holland-America Princess Alaska Yukon. Super long name right? No, seriously I work for them driving a bus in Ketchikan Alaska this summer. It is immensely fun. I have been here about two weeks already and Alaska is beautiful. Everything here is incredibly lush and green. I have already been zip lining and last Saturday I got to go out to this national monument called Misty Fjords. It is this area of untouched wilderness where giant rocks shoot out of the ocean. It was formed originally from glaciers and now it is just pure beauty. It is dense forest and beautifully unpolluted water. Some of the pictures are weird looking because they are from a plane window but it was so fun! Tourists are really funny and all of us drivers exchange silly questions that they ask. My favorite so far is "So when do your deer become Moose?" Some people (Americans) even asked why type of currency they use here?! It is great though. I get paid to hang out with old people and crack jokes all day!

1 comment:

Scott & Ali said...

Camille- the pictures are so pretty and the jokes are so funny.