Monday, November 24, 2008

Europe is for the Birds


I was looking through my pictures and realized I have a ton of me feeding various types of birds in various cities. Birds in Europe are gutsy. I almost was decapitated by a pigeon when I walked around the corner on my way to school. I was bit by a swan in Prague (which was entirely my own fault but completely worth the kodak moment), actually come to think about it I was bit twice in Prague. The pigeons in St. Mark's Square will land on you. I am not going to lie, it freaked me out. I didn't think it would but it did. I screamed when it landed on me and shielded my face purely out of fear. We found the ugly duckling (okay so it was a swan) in Prague. We went down to the water to feed the birds and all of a sudden they started coming out of the water and began to mob us. It was terrifying. Pigeons are such a threat to artwork (outdoor) that they have everything covered with nets so as to prevent them from landing on it. Apparently their poop is acidic. Bet you didn't know that and yes that is what I am learning here in Europe...how acidic bird poop is. I promise I have now seen the damage they did to St. Stephen. Poor guy, they took of his arm and melted his face off! Birds are brutal and deadly to anyone who is solid stone and hangs out on the outside of buildings. You should all keep that in mind.

2 comments:

Miss J. Davis said...

best post EVER

Aimee Jones said...

Hey Camille! I'm doing good- just finished with all my finals (hooray!) I love reading all your updates about life in Vienna. Looks like you are having a blast!